Friday, October 9, 2009

Polaroid your pictures

So, since i am too stressed and confused to work i decided to be totally unproductive this afternoon and after checking my mails i found this fun and totally awesome tool that allows you to convert your digital pictures into Polaroids. Check out the Poladroid tool here!



This is me in Lisbon (Portugal) last January.

That was a crazy day too, but in a good way (not like today).

I had to go there for a meeting and only had to spend one night. Here at home we left at 7 in the morning with a private plane (3 crew members for 2 persons, a huge breakfast with fresh juice, fruit salad and tons of pasteries and newspapers to read). The temperature outside was below 0 and it was snowing and freezing.

Two hours later we stepped out at Lisbon airport, clear blue skies, 16 degrees. It felt so good to leave that coat in the car and walk around in just a shirt in the sunshine, to just escape for a few hours into the summer...

I only had 2 hours inbetween 2 meetings to explore the city and i did my best. So i asked a taxi-driver to drop me at the top of the city. There were amazing views of the blue sea and the whole city. Then i made my way down to the city center, to the sea front, walked to the Monument of Columbus (i think?? or some other continent explorers...) and went back to a really boooooooooooooring meeting.

But those 2 hours just felt so good. It made me realize again how much i hate to live where i live and to spend at least 6 months every year in gloomy weather, rain, fog, snow, ice, winds .... !!! Someday i am going to move south, seriously :-)

The saddest part was to get back home and to remove the snow and ice from my car and to wear that heavy coat again.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin