Thursday, October 15, 2009

My favourite animals ...

are donkeys. Donkeys are so smart and cute.

This picture was taken in Aruba in May 2006.

This former dutch colony is a small island in front of the coast of Venezuela. There are still some wild donkeys who manage to survive in the dry climate. But there is also the Donkey sanctuary , a place where volunteers are taking in wild donkeys and give them food, water and a place to live. You can visit the place for free but you can ake little donations. i bought some carrots that i fead the donkeys and but some stuff from their shop. And what a coiincidence... The woman who volunteered that day was the wife of a member of the dutch marines who still have a naval base in Aruba. She told me that she spent all her childhod vacations in a little village in my country. The world is so small (ok Holland and Luxembourg are not that ar away but to meet someone at the other side of the globe is fun). Aruba was definetely one of my alltime favourite places. I loved it.




You can even adopt a donkey and elp the organization. I will do that one day....

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin